Recent Posts

Monday, September 7, 2009

The Healing Properties of Shopping

The past week kicked my ass. Literally and figuratively. First I get unsolicited dating advice from my gynecologist, next my ex-boyfriend's big announcement, and then I really got knocked on my ass with a bout of tonsillitis and have been in bed for the last 6 days. Seriously, who gets tonsillitis past the age of 16?

So that is how I ended my summer. This is probably my first string of coherent thoughts in about 5 days.

And what is a girl to do after a week like that? Go shopping, of course. I woke up this morning and realized for the first time in days, I didn't feel like dying. So I went for a walk just to get some air and sun, and recalled that when I was on the bus on my way to the doctor the other day, the Aldo in my neighborhood was advertising a 70% off moving sale. I don't typically buy their shoes, but I figured it couldn't hurt to check out such a huge sale, right?

Apparently, it was just what the doctor ordered!

I browsed around at Aldo and I picked up a pair of gorgeous platform stilettos for $67 and another cute pair of platforms for $27! Like I said, I don't typically buy their shoes, but for that price, and considering platform stilettos is a trend that will be here for another year at most, who cares? They'll be great with jeans or with a retro minidress.

Plus, they make me TALLER! (Hey, at 5' 3", I could use it, my tall personality only gets me so far!)

The bargains gave me such a rush, my little walk turned into a mini-excursion. Next I stopped at Lush, where I picked up a delicious sugar scrub and a few yummy bath bombs for myself. I love their products and the fact that they're 100% natural. Lush products are always great for a quickie pick-me-up, plus everything smells sooooo good in there. I can't wait to soak in the tub when I'm feeling better!

Lastly, I hit Loehmann's, which is always good for a brag-able bargain. I got a gorgeous pair of comfy Franco Sarto knee-high boots for $80 and another amazing pair of Italian stilettos by Claudia Ciutti for $62.

How do you say no to prices like that??? As much as I'm going to miss summer, I can't wait to wear my new boots with a pair of skinny jeans or with leggings and a long cardigan or sweater.

I am now absolutely exhausted after all that shopping, but definitely feeling so much better. Maybe I'll use one of my bath bombs tonight.

Now, where to wear all my new shoes...?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin