Recent Posts

Monday, September 14, 2009

Football Trumps Date

How's this for a twist: my girlfriend met a nice, funny guy at a bar the other night. He wasn't quite her type, but he had her belly-laughing all night, which is definitely a plus with her and peaked her interest. After all, there's nothing more appealing than having your funny bone tickled, right?

They were getting along great, and as she hoped, he asked her out. But before she could say yea or nay or even play coy, he decided to prequalify the date by stating, "But, I'm pretty swamped watching football games this weekend."

Umm...seriously?

I suppose it's nice to know his priorities up front, but come on dude, you're really going to put a hot woman on hold for football??? He then tells her that he's lost a few girlfriends due to football season, and if they had met at another time of the year, he would have more time.

Digging that hole a lot deeper, buddy...do you really think you've sold her on that date now?

Is that really how it works? Maybe he wasn't that into her, but he asked her out, not the other way around. I thought if you're into a person, you do what you need to do to nail down that first date, no?

And it's not just football season. I was once pursued by this guy for weeks, and due to our schedules, we were having a tough time getting it together. During one attempt to coordinate schedules, I had suggested brunch, and he actually told me that he's "not really a brunch person, what else do you have for me?"

Wow, really? Is that what you have for me???

Not very impressive, boys. You haven't even woo'ed enough to confirm the first date yet, but you're already putting us to the side and basically saying: you're not that important.

I guess guys have different priorities, but if I like a guy, while I won't completely rearrange my schedule, I would forgo certain things to plan a date. You won't see me saying no to a date because Project Runway or Dancing With the Stars is on!

And so another one bites the dust...but I think we can safely say she's actually ahead of the game on this one!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin