Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Big WHOA

He's getting married. He's getting married???!!! HOLY SHIT

HOLY FUCK

I don't...words...can't...I can't...

My ex, my very own Mr. Big...the international jet-setting playboy that I was stupid and young enough to go back and forth with for years...

Is getting MARRIED.

I just got the Save the Date. Yeah...we're still friends. We're actually great as friends. As lovers, we were never very nice to each other. Well, it also didn't help that he didn't know how to keep his pants on.

I knew about the girlfriend...it's been a few years now, I think. I've been told she's really great. I also knew she was pregnant, and it's a boy. And I was happy for him. Truly, truly happy for him and excited. Really!!!

Then I got the email this afternoon. A save the date email. For a big blowout wedding in Vegas sometime next spring.

And I'm shocked. I'm truly, truly shocked. I shouldn't be, right? I mean, she's having his baby, after all. And he sounds happy, which is great.

Should I go?

I mean, I'm happy for him, but do I have to be THAT happy for him? I'm over him. Been over him, but this...this...is just...HUGE. Crazy.

It would be weird. Too weird. I can't go. Not unless I'm engaged too. Ha-ha, just kidding!

No...what's the point in making a show. I'm not going to go. I'll send a lovely, thoughtful gift and call it a day. That'll work, right?

Would I be able to invite my ex to my wedding? Could I be that big and mature? I'd like to think I would. I'd like to think that I would be able to share such a special, momentous occasion with him if it ever happens to me.

Jesus Christ, I can't believe he's actually getting married...


2 comments:

Nathalie H.D. said...

HI Chloe,
How about taking the wedding as a chance to meet handsome young males ? Forget your ex, meet his friends and relatives!

Sharon said...

Hi Nathalie,

Good idea! I have met pretty much everyone at this point, but I have plenty of time to mull it over, so we'll see!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin