Recent Posts

Monday, November 23, 2009

A Mother's Love

My poor little baby, my kitty, Mya, is sick :( Her regular vet was out today, but the vet I took her to today took x-rays and thinks there might be a lesion on her spine.

I can't imagine the kind of love and fear a mother would feel for a child they have borne and raised, but Mya is essentially my child. The poor thing can't speak for herself, nor can she help me understand what's wrong except to cry when something hurts. But she can't tell me how much pain she's in, where or why. And it breaks my heart to feel so helpless.

My Mom says I've always treated my pets better than I treat humans. She's probably right. I have a soft spot for rescues, I can't help it. If only I had ESP or some type of radar that could hone in on what's wrong.

For now, all I can do is hope for the best and give her lots of love when she does come out from under the couch.

2 comments:

Aunt Juicebox said...

I have a kid, and I still treat my cat like a baby. =) I hope your baby is ok.

Sharon said...

she is, thank you for asking Aunt Juicy!!! I'm never trusting anyone but my regular vet, or the one who called me this morning ever again!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin