Recent Posts

Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Fresh Start

"Change your space, change your life."

That's a Hebrew saying an old coworker once taught me. It's true, isn't it? How much better do you feel about things once you've tidied up a bit, vacuumed, or cleaned the bathroom?

I've spent the last few months painting and completely redecorating my apartment, and it's like a brand new home! It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint will do, but to get rid of all your old furniture and start anew??? I had wiped the slate clean and was ready to start a new chapter in my journey.

And believe it or not, things have started happening...the pot has been stirred, and I'm having fun with it! I do things for the joy of doing them, and only if it feels good. I feel like the term "joy" is so under-utilized. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day, and many of us forget to seek joy in life. But I've made it my new mission in life...

JOY

Know what you desire and just go for it. Why the hell not? Life's too short not too! It's amazing what will happen when you really clarify what your intentions and desires are in life.

Try it and see what happens!


2 comments:

Aunt Juicebox said...

I have also been trying to get the walls painted around here. I'm almost done with the kitchen, and plan to do the living room and halls after that. It's taking time though, because I'm super busy these days.

Sharon said...

Good luck with it! I'll be honest with you, it's SUCH a pain in the ass because of all the furniture you have to move around and stuff, but it's totally worth it when it's over!!!

I gave myself a deadline for the painting, and it totally got my ass into gear. Now all that's left is to buy a new couch (Mya has completely scratched up this one) and a rug, then I'll be all done!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin