Recent Posts

Monday, November 16, 2009

Jump In With Both Feet, But Swim Slowly

I've been pretty gun-shy since my ex and I broke up earlier this year. Not so bad that I won't go out on dates or anything, but admittedly, I've been cautious.

We had instant, explosive chemistry. It was a blind date, so we both were surprised by how comfortable and attracted we were to each other so quickly. I thought he might be the one. Obviously it hasn't worked out that way, but everything happens for a reason, right?

And now, I'm not sure I trust instant fireworks. I'd almost rather have a good, slow burn that builds up with a strong foundation.

What's the hesitation? I'm nervous that I might get burned again. I'm afraid that I might fall and there won't be anyone there to catch me. That little, insecure girl inside this grown woman is worried that feelings might not be reciprocated. I hate to admit it, but while it is a tiny nodule of fear, it is there after all.

But, I truly believe good things come to those who wait. So, I'm going to trust my instincts going forward. I'll take the nerves and butterflies as a good sign that I'm going out of my comfort zone and breaking down my own walls. I'll take the time to really get to know a guy before hormones and sex takes over and leaves me in a daze.

There is no reward without some risk. I'm going to jump in with both feet, but swim oh so slowly...!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thou art wise. Rachel made sure we waited...and waited...and waited. Just made the coals burn hotter.

Sharon said...

Good to know that I'm on the right track...thanks Jacob!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin