Recent Posts

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

"You can't have it all if you don't ask for it" - Mama Gena

Most of us are scared to ask for what we want. Why is that? Does it make us feel selfish? Impolite? Do we think it's going to jinx things?

What is so wrong with knowing what you want and asking for it, even if you're just asking yourself?

The thing is, you can't expect to get what you want in life if you don't express it, articulate it. How else will you and others know what you want? it's scary, I know, but try it. Start small, like with what you want for dinner. Then move on to what you want to do this weekend, what you want for your job, your life, etc. It will feel awkward, but do it anyway. How else will Santa, and the universe know what you want otherwise???

It scares me too, believe me. It is scary as hell to articulate my intentions and desires. But to kick it off for myself, here goes...

I want to keep writing and writing and writing, and I want to keep loving it.

I also want to make lots of money doing it!

I want honest, true love. Earth-shattering, passionate love, with a man I trust and respect, who thinks the world of me and vice versa. Who loves me as I am, who will be there for me, and will be my best friend.

I want the freedom to be whoever I want to be.

I want to keep challenging myself and growing every single day.

I want to have the courage to ask for what I want. Always.

There's more, but I think that's a good start, right?

What do you want?

2 comments:

Entrepreneur Chick said...

I want those noodles you told me about and also everything you just mentioned. :)

Truly though, that's how I changed up my whole game 10 years ago- I started going for it!

It works.

Sharon said...

I'm going for it!!!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin