Recent Posts

Monday, November 30, 2009

Ghosts of Boyfriends Past

I was on the phone with my new guy, T, the other night. We were having the "How many kids do you want if you even want kids, and what kind of parent would you be?" conversation (initiated by him, not me!!!). And the answers were yes, two, and fair but strict were both our answers (yes, I want kids this week). Then out of no where, at 12:30 am, my apartment telecom buzzes.

Me: Hello?

Stranger: Chloe?

Me: Who is this?

Stranger: An old friend from the neighborhood.

Me: ...Who IS this???

Stranger: C

Me (thinking): Holy FUCK, T is still on the phone and has heard this whole exchange. What could he be thinking??? And what the hell is C doing here, I haven't spoken to him in well over a year!!!

I get back on the phone and T asked if he should let me go and do I want to call him back. I said yes, I'll call him back in a few minutes, that it was an old friend and that I haven't spoken to him in about 2 years or something along those lines, that he was probably drunk off his ass, so let me just deal with him and I'll call him right back.

The second I opened my door, "Do you know how to use the fucking phone?" and "What the hell are you doing here?" were the first words out out of my mouth. I couldn't help it. It's been so long, who the hell does he think he is, and just how drunk was he to think he could show up at my door?! And THANK GOD this didn't happen when T was here!!!

And then I realized my neighbors could hear all my shit, so I let him in as far as the kitchen to finish reaming him for showing up at my door unannounced. He smelled like booze, and had the audacity to ask, "You seem mad, should I go???"

Just to get rid of him, I said, "Well, I was on the phone with my boyfriend when you buzzed, so I don't know how I'm going to explain this when I call him back in a few minutes."

C: Oh...boyfriend? Then I should go.

Me: Yes you should.

C: Where is he tonight?

Me: Not that it's any of your business, but he just got back from visiting his Dad for Thanksgiving.

C: Oh. This is awkward.

Me (thinking): And you didn't think it would be when you walked into my building and randomly buzzed my door after more than a year of us ending things????

The whole exchange couldn't have taken more than 5 minutes, maybe 7, and as soon as I shut the door, I was speed-dialing T. I have to say he is a total gentleman and a genuine class-act, he didn't seem affected by the late night interruption at all, and simply picked up where we left off when we hung up. It's only been a few weeks, and we haven't had the exclusive talk or anything yet, so technically he has no right to be bothered, but still...! And yes, I called T my boyfriend, but I only did it to get rid of C. It's still too soon for that!

But back to C, how ballsy and drunk do you have to be??? And what exactly did he think was going to happen, that I would let him in, be thrilled to see him and just jump into bed with him?!

Yes, there is a reason he belongs in my past. Hopefully now he'll REALLY stay there!!!

2 comments:

Aunt Juicebox said...

If any of my ex's showed up at the door, I'd probably invite them in for a drink, and then talk about how moronic they were, and see how long they'd take it before they got up and left. lol

Sharon said...

HAHAHAHAAA!!! Honestly, if I hadn't been on the phone with T when he dropped in, I might have reamed C a little longer, but I didn't want to waste my time and energy!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin