Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The S Factor Bruise



I am bruised, battered, and am on cloud nine! After much delay, I finally made it back to S Factor class, thereby concluding my 6-month break from pole dancing!

Ahhh bruises...words can't express how much I have missed you! My knees...are a good, solid PURPLE. My right wrist...bright red and incredibly swollen. My ribs, my calves, the top of my right foot, the inside of my bicep...all battered!

Why do I put myself through such pain and torture, you ask?

FREEDOM

To let go and feel like a kid again! Do you remember how it felt to push your swing as high as you dared? How thrilling and daring it felt to hang upside down on the monkey bars?

We flew, spun, and danced around the poles. I flipped and swung myself upside down (look Ma, no hands)! I pranced and floated in mindless bliss. During class, I felt nothing but the breeze playing with my skin, my hair on my skin, the music moving me. Sanctuary.

I know I'm going to be incredibly sore tomorrow, but that won't stop me. I already feel like my right arm is going to fall off, but I'm going back for more!

There is pain, but it comes with immense satisfaction and pleasure. Ladies, I cannot recommend a better workout. It's fun and sexy. It's freeing and empowering! It will change your body and strengthen muscles you never knew you had. When I first began this journey, I never thought I would be able to climb 10+ feet in the air, flip myself upside down, slide down without hands...who woulda thunk???

Yes the bruises hurt, but no pain, no fucking gain.

You know how getting a tattoo hurts but feels good at the same time? 'nuff said.

Thank you S, I'll see you next week!

2 comments:

Purely Paige said...

Sounds fabulous! I think I need this!

Sharon said...

It is definitely an experience worth trying!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin