Recent Posts

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Get a room

As I walked to work this morning, I cut through the parking garage across the street, like I do every day, minding my own business. Then, off to the side, I noticed a couple having a serious conversation.

The look on her face made me take a mental pause...What are they talking about? It doesn't look like a fight, she's just listening and looks upset...Is he breaking up with her? If he is breaking up with her, couldn't he find a more appropriate, private spot to do it? Not in the middle of a public parking lot, for chrissakes!

I've been seeing people on the street here and there lately, one person crying but trying to keep it together, the other walking silently - sometimes supportive, or otherwise indifferent. I'm all for letting people be, but at what point should the other person say, hey, let's go somewhere private, or at least quieter, and you can feel what you need to feel, do what you need to do... say what you need to say?

Or maybe I should just mind my own damn business.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The proper thing to do should have been to eavesdrop.

Sharon said...

I totally would have, but they were Hispanic, and my Spanish is very rusty!

Unknown said...

Maybe he was just trying to prove what an ass he is by doing it in a parking garage, to help her make a clean break and get over him right away. Or maybe he's just a tool. Eavesdropping would definitely be called for in this instance I would say.

Sharon said...

You're right Joe, I'll have to start carrying a mic around from now on!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin