Recent Posts

Monday, October 26, 2009

Is This For Real???

It's week 2 of online dating, and I am kind of at a loss for words! I have no idea what's normal and what's not when it comes to amount of winks and emails you get from men, but I guess I'm doing okay so far.

As I've mentioned, I'm in sales, so I can engage and carry a conversation with just about anyone. But it seems most of these guys write the same canned opening email, "Hi gorgeous, I really liked what you had to say in your profile. Check out mine and if you like what you see, write back!" Snooze...can't they at least reference something I wrote in my profile, or say something funny...? Let me know you noticed something besides my picture!!! If I do write back, I always make it a point to mention something they wrote about in their profile, how else are you going to connect with a person???

I've been emailing with a handful of guys at this point, and most of them seem pretty nice so far. It's interesting, some of these guys will email you for days, then disappear after the 3rd or 4th email. Others get clingy and email ALL the time...I can't make heads or tails of it. Others treat you like a pen pal, which is also kind of weird to me...but what do I know?

There was one guy who was actually funny, so we exchanged several emails and then graduated to IM'ing late last week. We had about 2 or 3 really amusing chats, but I noticed he would evade all questions about himself or give really vague answers. Hmm...red flag. But it was fun, flirty, and he was amusing, you know? Seemed pretty harmless, I figured maybe he just takes his time opening up.

But the next thing I know, after exchanging a round of recent pictures with one another, he starts hinting about "naughty pictures". Um...I beg your pardon??? I brushed it off, thinking he was joking, but then his talk starts getting racier, asking me if I want to be "properly touched", and offering to send me pics of some "good stuff". Basically, he turned into a Creepy McCreeperson, a cyber sex fiend, the kind of guy that gives online dating a bad name!!!

Needless to say, I blocked his ass. Seriously...I'm not too thrilled with the world of online dating so far!!!


6 comments:

cyee425 said...

Creepy McCreeperon! hahahaha i love it! hilarious!! just as funny as Uncle Tumor!

Entrepreneur Chick said...

Ahh, it's all my fault! I encouraged you to do this. I take full responsibility.

But, your posts are really funny. Right? It's worth it, right?

Say it's worth it and then send me a naughty picture and tell me how you liked to be spanked; you bad, bad girl.

Sharon said...

Christina, I'm glad I can give you a laugh on this blah day!

Sharon said...

E.C., YES, it's your fault!!! But you're right, I have you to thank for more funny stories!

No naughty pic for you until I see yours though...we can talk about the spanking later.

Purely Paige said...

If anything, online dating is great for stories like these! All my best dating stories are from when I tried Match.com. I hear that eHarmony is the best at trying to weed out the cyber-sex creep-o's and 2 of my friends found husbands through it. But I never tried it so I don't really know why it is so different...

Sharon said...

Paige, yes, I'm seeing this as purely experimental, and great for a good story. And hey, if I meet someone nice, then it's a bonus!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin