Recent Posts

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Divorcee

I just got back from a sublime weekend in San Diego, where I was visiting a girlfriend who moved out there. It was absolutely amazing - her apartment faces the ocean, the weather was perfect, I rented a Mustang convertible...the view from her balcony was an endless parade of half-dressed surfer dudes. What more could a girl want?

And as if all that wasn't enough, she said the dating scene is a thousand times easier out there. No games, no bullshit, no Mommy issues...! The men there actually want to meet women and try to have real relationships, not just fuck around, period, the end.

Wait, those types of men actually exist?!

So I sat down on her balcony with a glass of Pinot, eager to hear about the men whilst enjoying the view. She's been on a lot of great dates so far, and one actually worked out for a few months except for one thing. He was one of those dreaded divorcees. He talked about his ex-wife...

All. The. Time.

Ugh.

Okay, so I missed ex-wife issues in the list above. But you'll encounter that no matter where you live, right?

I still think it might be worth investigating a possible move...!

4 comments:

Aunt Juicebox said...

I used to have this bumper sticker on my car before I got married the second time, it said "I still miss my ex..but my aim is improving." I got a lot of comments on that, mostly humorous, and mostly - from men. I mean, dude, here I am, I'm a woman, I had two other stickers - "Boys suck" and "Men are idiots, and I married their King" on the same freaking bumper, and they are going to pat me on the back over the "I miss my ex" sticker, like they can commiserate with me? Men are retarded.

Sharon said...

Hahahahahaa!!! Damn, I wish I had a car now, I'd totally look for those bumper stickers!!!

Entrepreneur Chick said...

I know a guy. He's a VERY nice guy. But he talks about his ex wife all the time, in front of his new wife.

Now, if I was his new wife- I wouldn't be his new wife.

And great. Move to the OTHER coast. We can totally have sushi together now, huh?!

(It's all about me.)

Sharon said...

Woman, we can totally have sushi if you come out to THIS coast too!!!!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin