Recent Posts

Friday, October 9, 2009

I'm Gonna Wash That Gray...

It has begun...I found a thin, silvery-gray hair this morning. Right up there on the top of my head. The strand was fairly normal, except for that inch of gray that had started to grow at the root. It was an absolutely devastating way to start my day. Tragic!!!

I've found white hairs before. Not often, I'll see one maybe once or twice a year. But when I do find them, I can convince myself it's due to stress. Not this. I'm 34 now, and this is just a sign of more to come!

Of course I plucked the fucker right out. But I spent the rest of my day obsessing, wondering how many more haven't I found yet, how many are growing right now..?

This is just another reminder that I'm getting OLD. I'm AGING. UGH. I don't want to reverse the signs of aging, but can't I just stay right here, at 34? I'll admit that I am fortunate. People often mistake me for the younger sister, and usually think I'm still in my 20's. But with the grays coming, how long will that last???

Yeah, I'm a little vain. I can't help it. Men become "distinguished" as they age. Women just age. How unfair is that?

I'll fight this with all I've got. If I find another, I'll start coloring my hair and have fun with it. It's the least I can do! I won't start shooting my forehead with Botox, but let's see how I feel when my eyelids start sagging down to my cheeks! Like I said, I'm fighting this! I can't accept that it's all downhill from here.

Watch out grays and wrinkles, this is WAR!!!!!!


4 comments:

Aunt Juicebox said...

My mother is 59, and only has a handful of grays. My dad is 63 and is maybe 25-30% gray. I have good genes, but I have a few, that show themselves every time my roots grow out. Evil little things.

Sharon said...

Wow, Juicebox, 63 and only 25-30% gray?! My mom was mostly gray by 40-something, so it looks like I didn't inherit that part, but now her hair is thinning so much, she needs Rogaine...that's my next fear!!!

Purely Paige, thank you so much, this is why I love you!!!! xo

Sarah said...

i see your gray hair and raise you one chin hair.
http://freymoyerfamily.blogspot.com/2008/05/not-by-hair-on-my-chinny-chinchin.html

Sharon said...

wow...okay, you win, I won't gripe anymore!!! Are you still chin hair-free???

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin