Recent Posts

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Holy Shit, There Are Awards For This?!

Imagine my surprise and delight when Entrepreneur Chick called me "Transparent, truthful, charming and always humorous", and this is the best part: she said I am the exact Chinese version of her (could I be so lucky?!)

Not that she randomly talks about me on her blog all the time, she had presented me with the honor of my very first award!

So having received this award, I am to tell you seven things you do not know about me:

1. I believe in psychics and astrology. Not every psychic, mind you, but I do think there are people out there who have psychic abilities and will go for a session about twice a year or so.

2. I also think some things are best left in the unknown.

3. A piece of my heart died last year when I had to put my dog Zoe to sleep. My mom says I treat animals better than I treat people. She's probably right.

4. I am a total yuppie, but deep down inside, I wish I had the guts to break out of the corporate shell and be a creative. Except I don't have any true artistic talent (pole dancing doesn't count!)

5. I am a closeted sci-fi geek. I think the latest Battlestar Galactica series was some of the most amazing television ever created and produced. EVER.

6. I love who I am and how I look, but have always wished I had a smaller nose.

7. I love to travel but am terrible at planning vacations. I'm much more of a last-minute trip person, which is not ideal when you want to make a trip that really requires a time investment and thorough planning, like going somewhere overseas. I also hate group tours, so that doesn't help much either. I'm also not a fan of tourist traps, and would rather immerse myself in a new culture, be amongst the locals, see how their daily life is, get a taste. Then maybe seek out some tourist spots so I can at least say I was there.

Now I am to list seven people who I pass this award to:

1. Marilisa, Entrepreneur Chick - she gets me, she really really REALLY gets me. We are so alike, I think I really am the Chinese version of her. Not only am I lucky to call her my friend, but I also see her as my adopted Momma because she worries when I fly and stuff like that. It totally cracks me up because I've been traveling on my own for about 15 years now, but I do appreciate it.

2. Aunt Juicebox, Bacon is my Lover - her writing is so balls-to-the-wall honest and hard core, I constantly bust my gut laughing reading her blog. She takes bad situations and rough times, says it like it is and just rides the wave, which I completely admire.

3. Rebekah, The Maudern Experiment - real-life friend for more years than I can remember. We have been soul-sisters since day one. She just started a blog of her own and it is a true reflection of the honesty and love she exudes.

4. Jacob, Fools Rush In - a successfully married Match veteran. I love reading about what it's like to be married with step kids. So freaking honest and funny. And, he gives good advice about dating.

5. Avignon in Photos - a beautiful photography blog from Avignon, France. Of course, as I write this, I see that today's post is of poop. Love it.

6. Diamond in the Rough - incredibly, fucking hilarious. That's all I can say about that.

7. Okay...this is where I admit that I don't read more than six blogs on a regular basis...sorry, I feel kind of lame now. I could have lied, but that's just not my style.


I kind of feel like that person who has sent out one of those stupid emails that require you to forward within 5 minutes to 7 people otherwise you will have bad luck forever, but I did want to pass on the Superior Scribbler Award because I think those blogs fucking rock.

Having said that, for those of you who I bestow this award- please do so in return if you are so inclined. But if you don't, nothing bad will happen to you, don't worry.

List seven things we do not know about you.

Pass the award on to seven blogs you enjoy.

Thank the original sender.

Notify the seven blogs to whom you passed the award.

Momma, thank you again for my very first award!!!!


7 comments:

CRR said...

Congrats!! And not sure about the smaller nose...

Aunt Juicebox said...

LOL I really appreciate what you said about me, and I love it when I can make people laugh. =) Thank you!

Sharon said...

@QuoteGirl - thank you! And the thing with my nose isn't major, but I do think it sometimes...

Aunt Juicy - you're most welcome, it's 100% true! You really do make me bust out laughing, I have to be careful when I read it at work! LOL

Daisy said...

visit my blog about flirting at http://daisylacy.blogspot.com

Organic Meatbag said...

Awwww...glad you got this award...seems like you deserved it! And hey, I am also one of those people that loves dogs more than most people...it's just how i'm wired...I'm so sorry you lost your sweet Zoe...

Entrepreneur Chick said...

Chloe,

Girl, you crack me up! I asked Tony, "Just guess how she posted her award title?"

"Holy Shit...!"

I never intended to find such a wonderful person as you- I was just writing about business.

I can't wait to see all the great things you're going to do!

And BTW, I missed the post about your old boyfriend actually, physically, coming over! I thought he'd just called on the phone.

Tell Mya I said to scratch the crap outta him if that happens again. Heh, heh.

Sharon said...

@Organic Meatbag, thanks for stopping by and your comments! We're totally on the same page - animals can't speak for themselves!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin