Recent Posts

Friday, December 11, 2009

'Tis The Season

'Tis the season...to stress over presents...to eat yourself silly...for holiday parties galore...indulgence and excess. Too much of everything!

I went to my first holiday party tonight, and I literally ate so much, I think I may have hurt myself. Thank god for stretchy pants, that's all I can say!

I finally brought home a Christmas tree the other night (thanks to my brother for doing the heavy lifting)! I don't know why it's so important to me, but I just love having a Christmas tree. It makes home feel more homey and festive, I guess. I love decorating it, the piney smell, and love looking at the lights. And...I guess I also wanted to bring home some cheer, since this is around the time I had to put Zoe to sleep last year.

So we got the tree here, got it in the stand, poured the water in the base...and Mya decided to check it out. By trying to eat it. Dumbass.

Out came the squirt bottle, and I hope it worked to make her stop. The last thing I need is for her to chew away while I'm at work and to have to take her to the vet for another $300 visit!!!

This weekend is my annual Christmas baking marathon, and hopefully I'll find time to finish up my shopping. Why do I put things off to the final two or three weeks every year??? Every year I have the greatest of intentions to start around September/October, but every year, it boils down to this. Sigh.

'Tis the season!!!


6 comments:

Aunt Juicebox said...

Having cats is the main reason we stopped buying real trees. They still try to chew the plastic ones, but mostly they just want to lie underneath it.

Sharon said...

She likes to do that too, and apparently is still trying to chew on it when she thinks I'm not paying attention. Can it make her sick???

Entrepreneur Chick said...

Love the pic of Mya. Sweet thing.

I know! Every year I say, "You know, I am going to start shopping for Christmas in January even and buy presents during the summer, wrap them and keep them in the garages."

Yeah, sure I am. Just ask me how much shopping I've gotten done. Zero. That's how much.

I went last night but.. ended up with an unmentionable for myself. Merry Christmas to me though. :)

Your house looks lovely~ wish we could eat some gingerbread together in stretchy pants.

Sharon said...

Merry Christmas to you too, E.C.! You deserve it, unmentionable or not ;)

We will get together to eat gingerbread someday!!! MUAH!!!!!

Aunt Juicebox said...

Mine has never gotten sick from it, but she doesn't do it constantly, so who knows? Animals!

Sharon said...

She seems to have stopped chewing...unless the little fucker is just doing it when I'm not around. She's still alive, so I guess it's all good! lol

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin