Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Big Creepowski

I had dinner with an old girlfriend last night, C. We met about 13 years ago through one of my exes, G (Polish guy, my first true European...one of many!). Obviously, that relationship didn't work out, but the friendship did!

It was one of those early 20's, on-again, off-again, "he has major commitment issues but keeps sucking you back in" relationships. We've all had at least one of those, right? I was young and stupid, what can I say... In the end, we tried to stay friends and I moved on, started dating other guys. Until one fine day, G said he finally realized that he was in love with me and that I should give him another chance because I didn't know what it was like to be in a relationship with him when he really wanted to be in a relationship with me. While that was a very compelling argument in his mind, and I know it's hard to believe I didn't drop to my knees to thank the Lord that he finally, truly wanted to be with me after stringing me along for 3 years, I thought, "been there, done that, have the t-shirt" and decided to pass on that stellar opportunity. He took it like a champ and accused me of dating guys behind his back. Yep, he was a prize!!!

G still lives in the city, and about a year ago, I bumped into him at a restaurant downtown, while he was on an eHarmony date. We exchanged brief pleasantries and went back to our respective dinners. The funny part is, the previous time I bumped into him was on the subway while he was on his way to a date. Just too random and odd for city with millions of people on it. Damn this small island.

Anyways, over dinner last night with C, the latest run-in with my ex came up in the conversation. She asked if his date that night was Asian, which I had no clue, but of course I had to ask why. She told me that since we broke up, he pretty much exclusively dates Asians. Not only that, but whenever he met someone new, he would show C a picture and ask her if she thinks the new girl looks like me.

My jaw dropped. I was, and still am, shocked beyond belief.

Isn't that disturbing and just...wrong on so many levels????

I kind of feel like I'm being stalked without actively being stalked! Or like...if he somehow got hold of my DNA he would have a clone made to "replace" me!

I mean, it's one thing to have a type that you tend to be attracted to, but to actively seek out a doppelganger???!!! It's just...unhealthy!!! And I feel bad for those girls! If he's smart they'll never find out, but if I was on the other side of that equation and I somehow got wind of it, I would be REALLY pissed!!! Maybe it's just me, but a guy should like me for me, not because I could pass for his ex's identical twin!!!!

Ugh, it still gives me chills just to think about it. I told C she's not allowed to tell me stuff about him anymore. Which works out, because she told him he's not allowed to ask her questions like that anymore either. Talk about a guy who needs help! It's been over 10 years - get over it already!!!

So keep in mind guys - if anything ever happens to me, I disappear, get brainwashed, become a Stepford Wife, or anything like that. Make sure to tell the cops to look at my ex, G...who will now forever be known as "The Big Creepowski"!


6 comments:

~Rebekah said...

Don't worry dear. I already have the notes in my phone, including his name and C's real information. LOL

And seriously, this guy needs some therapy!

Jerry said...

Here's hoping he finds a blond bombshell that will sweep him off his feet and make him completely forget about you. (Altho I doubt that anyone could forget you.)

Aunt Juicebox said...

Freaky! I'm sure he really regrets losing you but wow. That's just scary. At least he's not actually stalking YOU. I've known a few guys who will only date women with a specific hair color and one guy who would only date Filipinos, and I think it's just weird.

Sharon said...

Bex - YES, he doesn't really seem dangerous, but he does need to seek some help!

Jerry - HOW SWEET ARE YOU???!!! :)

Aunt Juicy - There are people who look for a specific hair color??? You know, just when you think you've heard it all...!

A.T. Post said...

Well, you either ruined every other girl in the world for him (you being as nice and cool as you are) or, yeah, he's invented a revolutionary new form of passive stalkage. Yeah, there's something a little wrong with that.

Think of it like this: you're Marilyn Monroe (the original, the pinnacle, the highest point attainable) and all the other Asian girls he's dated are Jane Mansfield, poor imitations.

Sharon said...

Wow, I just got compared to Marilyn Monroe?! ;)

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin