Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Do Not Try This At Work

I think my client has a crush on me. My married with 2 kids and 2 dogs -client. Maybe it's all in my head and he's just uber-friendly, but you tell me...

I went downtown to their offices today to present to his bosses, and he had mentioned last week that he wanted to take me out to lunch after, so I agreed. He seems like an really friendly guy, is pleasant to talk to...I'm trying to get more business, I know he's married, he knows I have a boyfriend, it's all good, business as usual. So I give my presentation, and we go down to a nearby place to grab some some food.

And like I said, he's an extremely gregarious guy, so while I didn't think twice when he started asking me about myself, where I went to school, where I grew up, then showing me pictures of his dogs, telling me about the jobs he had when he was in school, etc. But it was weird when he insisted on carrying my laptop for me, and showed me a picture of his "mid-life crisis" purchase - a motorcycle. And stupid me, I mention that I've never been on a motorcycle before, and he immediately offered to take me out on his bike this summer. Suuuuurrrrre, I say...do you take your wife out on it a lot too??? Apparently the bike is a sore point in his marriage. Double oye!

So I bring up my boyfriend, just to remind him that I'm not on the market. I figured even if I was off the mark, why not play it safe? I don't get too personal with my clients, but there are a few I have developed friendships with over time so to mention my boyfriend wouldn't be too out of the realm of possibility. Apparently, the hint didn't work...!

It was time for me to wrap things up and get out of dodge, so I make my excuses that it's time to get back to the office and hail myself a cab. As I'm about to climb in, he asks, "So do I have to wait to ask you out to lunch again, or can I call you?"

Awkward!!!

Seriously??? What makes him think that it's okay to ask out his vendor and that I want to mess around with a married man with kids????!!!

WTF???


6 comments:

LilVic said...

I can't believe how many married men think that is okay...it's sooo NOT okay!!!

Good for you for keeping your wits about you...what a jerk!

Unknown said...

Oh man. Yikes! I have nothing more insightful to say, just ... yikes.

A.T. Post said...

Huh boy. I suggest you vend him a swift kick in the crotch, dang his unfaithful hide.

Sharon said...

Isn't that absolutely heinous and just...BALLSY???!!!! I'm still skeeved out!!!

And, I feel sorry for his wife. Pig, that's all I have to say...

Purely Paige said...

Ew.

Well if you would just stop being so damn sexy! ;) Poor guy he didn't stand a chance!

Sharon said...

awww, thanks Paige!!! xoxo

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin