Recent Posts

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pardon Me, Have We Gone Out?

About a year ago, girl meets boy, friend gives boy the girl's phone number, boy calls girl and asks her out. We went on what I thought was a really good date - we went for a nice dinner, walked around exploring the neighborhood and talking, stopped for dessert, walked around some more to talk and get to know each other, he gave me a big hug at the end of the night, said he'd call me the next day...and I never heard from him again.

Recently, I bumped into him. And he didn't recognize me. I was shocked. We talked, he did the whole, "it's been a long time..." -thing, and we made small talk, but I swear, by the end of the conversation, I still wasn't sure if he figured out who I was. Am I that forgettable???!!!

It's not like we met on a stupid drunken night and had a quick encounter or a one-night stand. We went on a six hour date!!! I'm trying to not take it personally, but this is definitely a hit to the ego.

Oh well...you can't win them all!


2 comments:

A.T. Post said...

I'm speechless. For real and for true. I can't think of a thing to say to this. Wowzer, that guy either has a supremely bad memory, or he does this a lot.

Sharon said...

@Postman, I'm still speechless myself! WHO DOES THAT?????

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin